Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You and some may think you're attractive. Some don't. It's not a fact. Stop acting like you're attractive to everyone. No one is attractive to everyone. You're stuck up. That's a fact.
let’s break it down.
beauty privilege doesn’t mean you’re attractive to everyone, it means that you benefit from the way you look and people treat you better/like you more/think often times that you’re necessarily nice or good because of your looks.
Lookism is a term used to refer to the positive stereotypes, prejudice, and preferential treatment given to physically attractive people, or more generally to people whose appearance matches cultural preferences.
So even though I’m fat, ~my conventional beauty~ and my style of dress often afford me preferential treatment. Not all of the time, but there are definitely times in my life where I can say that I have benefitted from being generally attractive. That doesn’t mean everyone thinks I’m so hot, it just means that my looks have afforded me certain perks.
The dark side of beauty privilege are the people, men mostly, who use it to hurt people - like you’re doing. By telling me that I’m not attractive to everyone means you’re noting that I am attractive…but why? What does my attractiveness matter to you? Thats the shitty part about beauty privilege, your looks are more scrutinized and people will go out of their way to shame you for just existing and appearing to be happier - even if I’m not or doing better in life - especially when Im’ not.
Like I said, sounds hella fuckin’ narcissistic to talk about but it’s real. Merp.
- sodapoplegacy likes this
- blackteenangst likes this
- pleiadesss likes this
- iamtherealsputnik likes this
- iammyownmonster likes this
- versacehitachi likes this
- live-intoxicated likes this
- whereiskimber likes this
- prietabrujeria likes this
- plump-princess likes this
- shesadimestorediamond likes this
- dopegirlfresh likes this
- chokeonmyhalo likes this
- fuxxee likes this
- pumpernickel-chan likes this
- coconut-watertower said: i’ve had people make comments about me like ‘oh the privileges of being beautiful’… beauty is subjective and i always considered it a combo of my charm/getting lucky when i get “preferential treatment”i dont know. lookism is SO complex.
- i-may-mezzmorize-you likes this
- weian-fu said: This could’ve been answered way quicker with that Rutina Wesley/Tara Thornton “BITCH WHO ASKED YOU?” gif. Ain’t nobody got time to coddle these low self of steam having, unloved hoes.
- akelles likes this
- myvenusdoomx3 likes this
- shecountsblacksheep likes this
- telliunnie said: Aw, you merp’d. *cuddles*
- samizayncrew likes this
- marfmellow posted this